1. Push both trim buttons inwards to enter menu mode (see photo)
2. Long press 'OK' to get into the system settings
3. Press 'OK' again when 'System setup' is highlighted
4. Scroll down until you get to 'Trainer mode' and 'Student mode'
5. Assign a switch and enable Trainer mode
6. Enable 'Student mode'
7. Exit the menu
8. Launch DRL
9. Go into settings>controller setup
10. DRL should now recognise your controller and you can then set it up as desired.
And you should be good to go! no drivers needed.
P.S You need to do this process every time using DRL sim because Eachine has locked down their firmware.
Big thanks to User Josh1barber for giving us a step by step guide and giving us the great picture.