Fixing the "No Hardware" Issue in the DRL SIM
This is an issue that appears when plugging in a Taranis controller, and the bottom left corner of the game main menu shows "NO HARDWARE"
The following are the steps to fix:
- First open the Device Manager on your computer, search for it in your Windows search bar or right click on the Start Button and find it in the menu that comes up
- From there find your Taranis controller or the Transmitter that you're using within the Human Interface Devices or Universal Serial Bus Controllers section of the Device Manager window.
- NOTE: It can be hard to determine exactly which entry from the list of devices is the one that you're looking for, so try unplugging your device and plugging it back in to see which is yours.
- Once you've found your device, double-click it to open up its Properties window.
- Once you get to the Properties window, select the Driver tab towards the top.
- Select the Uninstall option, then click confirm when prompted.
- Finally to reinstall your drivers, just un-plug your device and plug it back in. This should fix the "No Hardware" issue. If it doesn't work the first time, then follow the steps again and it should work.
The DRL Team would like to thank Steam user "eli_pookie" for putting a great document together and helping out their fellow players. You can find their guide here: link