Nikko Air Racing Drone Controller Setup:
Confirmed Operating Systems:
- Windows 10/Pro
- MacOS Sierra 10.12.5
*** Please ensure that your computer is fully up to date with the latest drivers including controller drivers.
***Note: You will need your Nikko Air Drone, included USB cable and controller for this setup.
- Using the USB charging cable included with your drone, plug the cable into the computer and then into the charging port on your drone.
- Turn on the drone, and the controller.
- NOTE** Check the color of lights on the drone. If drone lights are already green and fading off an on, then skip step "4". If lights are blue then proceed with step "4".
- Hold the "B" button on your controller for 5 seconds until the rear lights on the drone turn green and Fade on and off. If you've done this step but the lights are "Blue", then do this step over again until lights are green and fading on and off.
- Make sure the computer has detected the controller.
- For Mac, click the apple symbol then system report in the overview tab in the list of Hardware find USB, inside the USB Device Tree see if your controller is listed on this page.
- For PC: Click on "Start bar", type "joy.cpl" and hit enter. The "Game Controllers" window will open. There you will see any controller you have plugged in. See picture below.
- If you do not see the controller on the list, confirm the USB slot is working, try another USB slot on the computer. Also be sure the drone and controller are on, ensure your batteries are fully charged.
- Once the controller has been recognized by the computer, you may launch the DRL game.
- Launch the game and make sure it shows the controller on the bottom right of the screen. If it doesn't show it right away, go through the next few steps and check again.
Click on “settings” “choose new controller”.
Go through the on screen instructions slowly and precisely to ensure the best calibration. The game may auto detect and skip pass the calibration process, taking you to the controller mapping screen.
- Ensure the sticks are moving the correct direction and hit next/save to conclude.
Now you’re free to fly.