Futaba T14SG via USB Dongle Setup:
*** Please ensure that your computer is fully up to date with the latest drivers including controller drivers.
We’ll be using a USB dongle that is compatible with this controller. Click here for the cable.
*** Keep in mind that there are many different USB dongles available on the market for connecting RC controllers to the computer. Please be sure that you have a USB dongle that is compatible for your specific controller.
We have found that the USB Dongle that has a switch on the side works the best and putting this switch in the #2 position works best.
- First, plug in your USB dongle to the computer. If it has switches on the side, slid it to the appropriate switch prior to plugging in, then plug the other end to the back of the turned off controller. This will start it in the trainer mode.
- Make sure the computer has detected the controller.
- For Mac, click the apple symbol then system report in the overview tab in the list of Hardware find USB, inside the USB Device Tree see if your controller is listed on this page.
- For PC: Click on "Start bar", type "joy.cpl" and hit enter. The "Game Controllers" window will open. There you will see any controller you have plugged in. See picture below.
**NOTE: Your screen may have a different name listed for device depending on USB Dongle used.
- Now that the computer has detected the device, on the controller tap the "LNK" button twice rapidly. This will take you to the "Linkage Menu".
- Now scroll with the touch pad on the controller to the "Model Type" and click the "RTN" button.
- Scroll down to "type" and change this to "MULTIROTOR" and hit "RTN".
- Hit the exit button on the controller once, this will take you back to the Linkage Menu.
- Now scroll down to "FUNCTION" and hit RTN. This takes you to the FUNCTION screen.
- Hit the S1 button once to page 2/4.
- Scroll down to the CTRL section of 5 MODE and hit RTN.
- Now scroll over to "SF" and hit RTN, it will take you back to page 2/4 in the FUNCTION screen.
- Now scroll down to the CTRL section of 6 TILT and hit RTN.
- Now scroll over to "SH" and hit RTN, it will take you back to page 2/4 in the FUNCTION screen.
- Hit the exit button twice back to the main screen.
- Now hit the "U.MENU/MON." button.
- From this screen you can toggle the SF and SH switches to confirm they are working. You will see them toggle under channels 5 and 6. Hit exit.
- Now we can launch the game. You may see a different name in the bottom corner of the screen, based on the USB Dongle you are using.
- From the games menu, go to "settings" > "Configure controller" > "New Controller" and go through the on screen instructions to finish calibrating your controller.
- When you get the step that allows you to set the reset/restart switches, be sure to use the SF and SH switches we setup on the controller.
- On the last screen of the calibration process it will allow you to confirm all sticks are moving properly, here you can invert the sticks if needed. Hit save and you're free to fly!