Turnigy 9XR via USB dongle Setup:
*** Please ensure that your computer is fully up to date with the latest drivers including controller drivers.
We’ll be using a USB dongle to connect to the computer. Here is a link to some.
**Keep in mind that there are many different USB dongles available on the market for connecting RC controllers to the computer. We do not guarantee the cable to work. however we have found cables like this to work in the past. Please be sure that you have a USB dongle that is compatible for your specific controller.
We have found that the USB Dongle that has a switch on the side works the best and putting this switch in the #2 position works best.
- Before connecting to your computer, power on the controller.
- Press and hold the menu button and enter the system setup screen.
- Select an unused model in [MODE SELE]
- Here you can rename with [MODE NAME]
- Next, select [TYPE SELE] and change it to "acro".
- Select [MODEVAT] and change to ppm
- Select [STICK SET] and change to Mode 2. Hit exit when it asks to reverse throttle.
- Hit Exit to return to the "MENU" then select [FUNC SETTINGS]
- In the FUNC SETTINGS navigate to and select [AUX-CH] on page 2/2
- Set CH5 to THRO HOLD and CH6 to GEAR
- Hit the MENU button to confirm and exit [AUX-CH] menu
- *** NOTE: If you are using the 9XR Pro, you will need to set the channels for the switches in the "Mixer".
Now you can connect the USB dongle to the trainer port on the back of the controller and plug into the computer. Please check your computers devices/hardware to confirm that it is being recognized by the computer.
Once confirmed you can launch the game and go to “settings”, “Controller Setup>Quick Calibration”, Go through the on screen prompts to finish the setup and you’re free to fly..
Please sign in to leave a comment.