Spektrum DX6 w/ USB dongle Setup:
*** Please ensure that your computer is fully up to date with the latest drivers including controller drivers.
We’ll be using a USB dongle to connect to the computer. Here is a link to one.
**Keep in mind that there are many different USB dongles available on the market for connecting RC controllers to the computer. We do not guarantee the cable to work. however we have found cables like this to work in the past. Please be sure that you have a USB dongle that is compatible for your specific controller.
We have found that the USB Dongle that has a switch on the side works the best and putting this switch in the #2 position works best.
- Turn on your radio and hit enter, in Spektrum’s case “Enter” is clicking the scroll wheel.
- Scroll and click on “System Setup”. Hit Yes to disable RF.
- Then click on “Model Select”, “Add New Model” and then “Create”.
- Scroll down and click on Channel Assign.
- Now click on “next” and then channel 5, now toggle the right rear switch and hit enter.
- Now click on channel 6, toggle the left rear switch and hit enter.
- Hit back twice and turn off your radio.
- Plug the cable into the computer, and then the back of the radio in the trainer port.
- Your radio will automatically turn on. Now launch the sim.
When using a USB Dongle you won't see “spektrum” in the bottom right corner. Make sure all your switches are position closest to yourself.
- Now go into “settings”, “CONTROLLER SETUP”> "AUTO CALIBRATION", Go through the on screen prompts to finish the setup and you’re free to fly..