Spektrum DX9 w/ USB dongle Setup:
*** Please ensure that your computer is fully up to date with the latest drivers including controller drivers.
We’ll be using a USB dongle to connect to the computer. Here is a link to one.
**Keep in mind that there are many different USB dongles available on the market for connecting RC controllers to the computer. We do not guarantee the cable to work. however we have found cables like this to work in the past. Please be sure that you have a USB dongle that is compatible for your specific controller.
We have found that the USB Dongle that has a switch on the side works the best and putting this switch in the #2 position works best.
- Turn on your radio and hit enter, in spektrum’s case “enter is clicking in the scroll wheel.
- Then scroll down to “System Setup” and hit enter.
- Hit Yes to disable RF.
- Click on “Model Select”, “Add New Model” and then “Create”
- Scroll to channel assign and hit enter.
- Scroll to “next”. Click Enter.
- Scroll over to channel 6, hit enter.
- Then scroll to the letter H, hit enter and go to channel 7, set this to “A”.
- Now hit back twice, turn off the radio and plug the radio into the computer, this will automatically turn on the radio in “Trainer mode”.
- Now launch the game. Note** When using a USB Dongle you wont see “spektrum” in the bottom right corner.
- Now go to your settings menu and controller settings, create new..
- Make sure your switches are in the forward position before you calibrate.
- Now follow the onscreen prompts to finish the setup and you’re free to fly.