Taranis QX7 with Mini USB Setup:
Confirmed with Systems:
- Windows 10/Pro
- MacOS Sierra 10.12.5
Controller Firmware: opentx-x7 VERS: 2.2.0 (95b0a21c)
*** Please ensure that your computer is fully up to date with the latest drivers including controller drivers.
This setup will be using a standard USB mini cable. If you do not have one, there are many available online at numerous retailers. Here's a link to one on Amazon. Click Here.
**Please ensure that your computer is recognizing your controller in your specific computers hardware managers.
First you’ll need to create a new model.
- Turn on your Taranis Radio with power button in center of radio.
- Hit the menu button. "Left of the screen in the center"
- Scroll down to an open model, and hold enter, (click the scroll wheel to hit enter). Click "create model".
- Now hit the page button until you see the Mixer screen, here we will setup two switches for restart and reset in the game.
- Scroll down to channel 5 and hit enter.
- Go down to “source” and hit enter.
- Now flip the right rear switch once and hit enter.
- Hit exit twice and do the same for channel 6 but with the left rear switch instead of the previous used switch.
- Hit exit back to the main screen.
- Now with the radio on, plug in your USB cable to the computer and then the radio.
- Launch the game. The game should say "Taranis" in the bottom right corner of the screen, if not continue with the setup. If so, also continue with the setup.
- In the game, click on settings… “create new controller”, go through the on screen instructions and you’re free to fly.
- If the game is not detecting the controller, try turning off the game, unplugging the controller, and turn the controller off and then on again, restart the game and try the in-game process again.
- If it is still not detecting the controller you may need to ensure that your computer is detecting the controller in the devices menu.
- ** Keep in mind that your computer may need 3rd party drivers or need the controller driver updated. Here is a link for a Virtual Com Port Driver. Click Here.
- Please reference your specific computer's manual to assist in this manner depending on your operating system version.
If you are still having issues with this manner, here is a link to a video that shows how to setup the switches. Please understand that this video or its maker is not affiliated with DRL in any way. Click Here.
If you are still having issues connecting or setting up, here is video that is for an older version and for the Taranis X9D, but may help with the general idea of the controller setup itself. Click Here.