Taranis X9D with Mini USB Setup:
*** Please ensure that your computer is fully up to date with the latest drivers including controller drivers.
*** Also please be sure to have the latest firmware installed on your controller.
This setup will be using a standard USB mini cable. If you do not have one, there are many available online at numerous retailers. Here's a link to one on Amazon. Click Here.
First you’ll need to create a new model.
- Turn on your Taranis Radio.
- Hit the menu button.
- Scroll down(using +/-) to an open model, and hold enter. Click "create model".
- Now hit the "page" button until you see the "Mixer" screen, here we will setup two switches for restart and reset in the sim.
- Scroll down to channel 5 and hit enter.
- Go down to “source” and hit enter.
- Now flip the right rear switch once and hit enter.
- Hit exit twice and go to channel 6, hit enter and flip the left rear switch and hit enter.
- Now exit back to the main screen.
- With the radio on, plug in your USB cable to the computer and then the radio.
- Launch the game. Once the game has loaded it should show "Taranis" in the bottom right corner of your computer screen.
- Using the arrow keys to navigate the menu, Click on “settings”> “ADD/REMOVE CONTROLLERS”> "NEW CONTROLLER". Go through the on screen instructions and you’re free to fly.
- If the game is not detecting the controller, try turning off the game, unplugging the controller, and turn the controller off and then on again, restart the game and try the in-game process again.
- If it is still not detecting the controller you may need to ensure that your computer is detecting the controller in the devices menu.
- ** Keep in mind that your computer may need 3rd party drivers or need the controller driver updated. Here is a link for a Virtual Com Port Driver. Click Here.
- Please reference your specific computer's manual to assist in this manner depending on your operating system version.
** Keep in mind that your computer may need 3rd party drivers or need the controller driver updated. Please reference your specific computer's manual to assist in this manner.
If you are still having issues connecting or setting up, here is video that is for an older version, but may help with the general idea of the controller setup itself. Click Here.